[CentOS] Java install

Thu Sep 11 20:37:16 UTC 2008
Steve Huff <shuff at vecna.org>

On Sep 11, 2008, at 3:37 PM, Ric Moore wrote:

> I'm sorry, I was in "Deer in the headlights mode". I should have said
> repos specifically. I have had these enabled:
> * epel: mirror.its.uidaho.edu
> * adobe-linux-i386: linuxdownload.adobe.com
> * jpackage-fc: planetmirror.com
> * jpackage-generic-nonfree: planetmirror.com
> * jpackage-rhel: planetmirror.com
> * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
> * jpackage-generic: planetmirror.com
> * base: mirror.its.uidaho.edu
> * updates: centos.mirrors.tds.net
> * centosplus: mirror.centos.org
> * addons: mirror.centos.org
> * jetty6localrepo:
> * extras: mirror.centos.org

that's a lot of repos :)

for starters: given that this is a CentOS box, disable jpackage-fc.
you do not want that.

in addition, you should read this wiki page:

http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

and the linked instructions about using the priorities plugin.  with
that many third-party repositories, you run the risk of getting into
dependency conflicts.

-steve

p.s. wrt your other question about installing cfengine:

[shuff at orannis ~]$ yum -q --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=rpmforge list
cfengine
Available Packages
cfengine.i386                            2.2.3-1.el5.rf         rpmforge

that's probably your best start.

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v