[CentOS] Startup programs in specific workspaces

Sat Sep 13 12:34:42 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 13:37 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> William L. Maltby wrote:
> > I just did a google (highly recommended for all initial thoughts  :-)
> > for "gnome startup scripts". With a little refinement, it looks very
> > promising.
>
> What was wrong with the answer in the mail you replied to, but which you
> completely edited out?

Nothing. But, as has often been stated on this and other lists, the
first step in finding an answer is to expend a little effort on your
own. I think you have suggested this in the past. This is not the first
time I've seen questions about things like this (in various fora and on
various lists) so I thought a little reminder might be in order.

As to "but which you completely edited out", again the standard
recommendation is to snip out things that are not needed for
understanding the context of the reply. IIRC, you have recommended this
in the past.

One thing that I prize on this list is the level of "professionalism"
engendered by consistency of philosophy, courtesy, espoused protocols,
gentle efforts to remind folks of these things, and also the willingness
of folks to give actual help and answers. The last item can lead to
*unintentional* abuse of that willingness.

--
Bill