[CentOS] 4.7 update issues?

Sat Sep 13 19:13:12 UTC 2008
R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008, RobertH wrote:

> Any 4.7 update issues or horror stories yet?

Part of the QA which I mentioned earlier in the week was
looking for problems.  This late in point respins of the 4
series, however, nothing major comes to mind from the looking
we did during that testing.

It should 'just work' and once it is out a few days (and the
ISO pull load and 'chunky' updates load passes -- I see 130
packages being touched in one production mail and name
server), the deferred updates are next on the docket of major
things to look for in the 4 series.

The only one of some consequence that sticks out is the 'bind'
series one, with the fixed source port (but as this was never
a CentOS default option setting, not likely to happen to a
person 'unknowngly'), and so all that major.  The libxml2
update is the other which needs a bit of assessment, but
again, it is not what I think of as a 'major' matter.

-- Russ herrold