[CentOS] java yum problem

Sun Sep 14 04:59:16 UTC 2008
Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com>

On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 11:49 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> It should work if you follow the jpackage instructions for their nosrc
> rpm where you download the Sun binary and rebuild it into an
> alternatives-compatible package that also supplies the jvm dependencies
> for the other jpackage packages.  I won't try to be more specific than
> that because I always find it confusing myself, but it does work if you
> can find the right pieces.

Sounds like my own brain. It works when I find the right pieces. I found
this little gem on the web, it's a script to do all of that rpm
rebuilding. Rather than take up bandwidth, if someone wants me to attach
it to them to look at, I'd be glad to. It looks pretty simple and might
actually be of use to folks. Ric

https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339