[CentOS] Local yum repository

Sun Sep 14 11:12:15 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 01:51 +0530, saurabh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> i have a local repository configured for 'yum',which have files copied
> over from the RHEL DVD,It was configured initially,as i was facing some
> issues with my NIC which was not supported on 2.6.18 so had to upgrade
> to 2.6.26.
> Now as all is working fine and i'm on net i want to disable that
> repository and just use the rpmforge repository configured on my system
> following directions from
> http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge?action=show&redirect=Repositories%2FRPMForge
>
> Please help me out
> -  Disabling the local Repo
> or by
> -  Any method to keep it up to date ,[syncing it with some online
> repository]

I suggest "man -k yum" as a starting point before asking such basic
questions. If this returns nothing, as root user do "makewhatis" and try
it again. Then read some of what is returned by doing "man <whatever>",
omitting the quotes and replacing the "<whatever>" with the name of the
man page.

--
Bill