[CentOS] Slackware's 'explodepkg' equivalent for rpm?

Mon Sep 15 01:59:31 UTC 2008
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008, Niki Kovacs wrote:

> Is there any 'explodepkg' equivalent for the rpm command? What I want is
> simply uncompress an RPM package to get the files directly, but I didn't find
> anything in rpm's manpage.

Since I hate the cpio tool, I always use mc (midnight commander) and go
inside of the RPM files to copy something out.

If you just want to see what is inside the RPMs, adding a -v to the query
shows you the output as if it was a directory-listing:

 	rpm -qplv <rpm packages>

Kind regards,