[CentOS] Re: buying the right cpu fan

Tue Sep 16 23:05:40 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 9-16-2008 10:51 AM Craig White spake the following:
> (I sent this yesterday but it never made it through)
>
> I've got a remote system where I think I need to replace the CPU fan.
>
> in the output of dmidecode, I get...
>
> Processor Information
>         Socket Designation: CPU 1
>         Type: Central Processor
>         Family: <OUT OF SPEC>
>         Manufacturer: Intel
>         ID: 47 0F 00 00 FF FB EB BF
>         Version: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D  CPU 2.66GHz
>         Voltage: 1.4 V
>         External Clock: 133 MHz
>         Max Speed: 2666 MHz
>         Current Speed: 2666 MHz
>
> is this enough to tell me what kind of fan I need to get? It's obvious
> it's a Pentium IV.
>
> What other command/what other command might I be able to run to parse in
> order to get information so I get the right CPU fan?
>
> Craig
Is this the only info you have?

No manufacturer? Model? Anything else?

As far as my Google can see Pentium D's came in Socket 775, but that isn't
enough info to get the "right fan", it is only enough to get a possible
working fan. The proper fan will depend on the case size and type, and also
the manufacturer if it is a name brand system.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and