[CentOS] new 4.7 i586 kernel not happy

Wed Sep 17 14:39:04 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 7:26 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:
> Joe Pruett wrote:
>> my poor little toshiba libretto (p-120) won't boot with the new 4.7 i586
>> kernel.  i've reverted back to the previous kernel for now.  anyone else
>> using the new i586 kernel successfully on old hardware?
>
> <http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3130>
>
> Ralph

As seen in that bug report, this is a known problem.  Your solution at
this moment will be one of the following:

(2) if you wish to go for the 4.7 kernel, use the centosplus kernel
(3) rebuild the 4.7 kernel with an appropriate config file for i586

I assume the issue would be corrected in the next kernel update.  It
was just wrong config (i586) files that were used for building the
kernel.

Akemi