[CentOS] USB DVD drive disappearing during kickstart install.

Thu Sep 18 17:47:27 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 12:28 AM, Alex Tang <altitude at funkware.com> wrote:

> It seems like somehow, something is happening like the USB bus is being
> reset and it's "loosing" the usb devices and they can't be found anymore.

While, strictly speaking, this may be true, I'm pretty sure it's not
what you meant, and I've seen this enough times that I just have to
say:

"loose" [looss] - a condition opposite that of "tight;" improperly
fastened or closed; unattached (and, in this sense, potentially
correct).

"lose" [looz] - to misplace <something> so as not to be able to find
it, as in, 'it's "losing" the usb devices and they can't be found any
more.'

There - got that off my chest!

And, now, back to our regularly scheduled emails....

mhr