[CentOS] Problem with Arima HDAMA rev.G with Integrated SiliconImage Sil3114 Serial ATA 4 Ports and 1TB SATA disks. Recomendation for a cheap SATA controller for linux software raid?

Fri Sep 19 20:34:40 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Alexander Georgiev
<alexander.georgiev at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I am not willing to risk a BIOS update and I have decided to spend
> additional cash on a cheap but fast 4 port SATA II controller and use
> it with Centos 5.2.

If you think $120-160 is cheap, I'm wondering if your company needs
more software engineers....

;^)

I have had good luck with Adaptec controllers in the past, and no
experience with Promise, but w.r.t. SATA I couldn't give you any
input.

FTR, my m/b only does SATA-I, and spent a little time looking for a
cheap PCI-SATA-II board (so I could run my SATA-II disks at full
transfer speed) but the cheapest one I found was $60-70, and if I'm
going to spend that much, I might as well get a new m/b that supports
SATA-II (they're cheaper!).

I know that's not much help - sorry.  Hope someone else will have more info....

mhr