[CentOS] Re: Need help transfering CentOS5 from desktop to laptop

Sun Sep 21 23:43:47 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Robert Arkiletian <robark at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I gave up. I tried everything. Don't know what the problem was (buggy
>> bios/corrupt fs ....) and don't care now. Taking too much time to
>> simply re-install grub (6hrs). I'm doing a complete re-install on the
>> laptop.
>
> Sorry you had a bad problem with this. Possibly this page on the Wiki
> will give you some pointers:
> <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops>
>
> For those of us who are newbies, it's frequently frustrating, but when
> you get something that was problematic to work properly, it feels good
> and something was learned.

A  follow on to my previous reply. During the week, you would probably
have gotten some very knowledgeable replies and received them quickly.
The list has been very slow this weekend.