[CentOS] Sendmail and headers

Mon Sep 22 13:47:47 UTC 2008
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

> > The IP address reported is the _actual_ IP address of the
> > machine connecting, not the IP address of the "ehlo"
> > response.  You can't masquerade that in sendmail at all.

> I am thinking there is no way then, to use virtual domains and have the mail
> server show up as mail.mydomain.com at all. It will be my hostname I have
> now and that is it.

If these are virtual machines (uml, xen, vmware, whatever) then the
host could do IP NAT so that traffic _looks_ like it's coming from the
host (or another of the virtual machines).  If they're physically
seperate boxes then you need to arrange for a smart-host type setup
and have mail forwarding through that.

--

rgds
Stephen