[CentOS] Update troubles for wxGTK apps

Mon Sep 22 23:59:00 UTC 2008
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 06:27:45PM +0200, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Good Evening.

> >> In the meantime, how are we supposed to go about to install AMule, VLC and
> >> Audacity on a *new* install? No problem to write an 'exclude=' line in
> >> /etc/yum.conf on existing systems so updates get currently ignored. IMHO
> >> these things should have been put to some testing repo first. I prefer
> >> having slightly outdated software rather than mutually excluding updates :o/
> >
> > Because this is not really a CentOS issue, I think it is best to take
> > it to the rpmforge packagers' mailing list.  For example, Fabian
> > recently discussed wxGTK here:
> >
> > http://lists.rpmforge.net/pipermail/packagers/2008-September/000709.html
>
> Are there any updates on that? yum still complains about missing
> dependencies on an installation with aMule and wxGTK.

So what's the proper workaround here? As far as I'm concerned, Dag
has broken the update system on our Centos boxes. Is there any other
way to allow my system to be updated than to disable using Dag's repo?

(not including removing Audacity--which I don't use a LOT, but I do
use it.)

                         While we were still sinners,
                              Christ died for us.