[CentOS] Update troubles for wxGTK apps

Tue Sep 23 05:54:20 UTC 2008
John <jses27 at gmail.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of fred smith
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 10:09 PM
To: 'CentOS mailing list'
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Update troubles for wxGTK apps

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 08:19:37PM -0400, John wrote:

> [...]

I've had that set up ever since I first added any repositories.
I've got it set to a priority of 10, is there a better value to use?

	# Name: RPMforge RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise 5 - dag
	[rpmforge]
	name = Red Hat Enterprise $releasever - RPMforge.net - dag
	#baseurl = http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/$basearch/dag
	mirrorlist = http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/mirrors-rpmforge
	#mirrorlist = file:///etc/yum.repos.d/mirrors-rpmforge
	enabled = 1
	protect = 0
	gpgkey = file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmforge-dag
	gpgcheck = 1
	priority=10
JohnStanley Writes:

Where "protect = 0" in the above needs to be protect = 1 for all centos
repos so then yum want pull in Updates from other repos that will break your
install ans the centos repos need the highest priority. You may have to
experiment with both installed, also however they may be conflicting against
each other also. Therefor you may have to remove one. I know yum prioritys
set to 1 in CentOSBase.repo will exclude any other repo when running yum
update

This should help you understand it more,
http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities. Also there is the
Protect Base yum pluging,
http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/ProtectBase.

HTH you,