[CentOS] Update troubles for wxGTK apps

Wed Sep 24 06:05:52 UTC 2008
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

John a écrit :

> I do not and did not mean to be offensive to Dag, and I apologize if I
> was--it just seemed like an issue that would be affecting a lot more people
> than just me and I wanted to see what others were doing about it.
> So far I've not heard what that is.

I second that. Dag is doing great work, and for desktop users, CentOS
wouldn't be the same without RPMForge. However, this update has been
botched up. Existing systems can be left in the present state by putting
an 'exclude=wxGTK amule vlc audacity' line in /etc/yum.conf. But when
installing a new system, 'yum install vlc audacity' does not work. This
is a worry for me, as I install desktop systems professionally, and I
use both programs on client's desktops (yes, amule too, when the client
wants it... :o)). As far as I'm concerned, I worked around it by simply
rebuilding wxGTK (2.6), amule, vlc and audacity from SRPM and putting
them in my own repo with a higher priority. This took the best part of
an afternoon.

My suggestion to Dag (with all respect taken): why not create a
[rf-testing] repo for the critical stuff, a bit like [kbsingh]?

I repeat, since this is important: please do not take offense. Shit
happens, I know.

Cheers,

Niki