[CentOS] DKIM

Wed Sep 24 21:10:15 UTC 2008
mouss <mouss at netoyen.net>

Bob Hoffman wrote:

>> If we ignore the surrounding IPs (too many without rDNS), he
>> has a very simple setup, that should not cause any problems.
>
>> generic PTRs are a different matter.
>
> Surrounding ips? A lot was from my computer to the smtp server..the rest was
> just mine.
> It is really simple, not much in there at all.

$ host 72.35.68.56
Host 56.68.35.72.in-addr.arpa. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
$ host 72.35.68.57
Host 57.68.35.72.in-addr.arpa. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
$ host 72.35.68.62
Host 62.68.35.72.in-addr.arpa. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

same for the IPs that don't belong to you in that network.

anyway, that's not a big issue, except if your provider has a bad
reputation...

> However....
>
> I have full control over my ips...almost. The datacenter has to add a PTR
> record for each domain. They said they only need to add mydomain.com, only
> one record per ip and not anything like mail or ftp, etc.

reverse DNS is to identify the machine, not the services running on it.

> Doing dns checks at pingbilly (strange ass name)
> Show everything is groovy.
>
> http://pingability.com/zoneinfo.jsp?domain=bobhoffman.com
>

> I think tonight we will see about spf. I also read that sometimes it takes a
> while, like a week or so before yahoo will respond joyfully to your spf. No
> instant happiness it seems.

Go fill their web form (the "bulk" one. yes, even if you don't send
bulk) and ask some of your recipients (you can setup yahoo accounts
yourself) to "unmark" mail marked as spam, and to reply to your mail.
These actions may move it from "probably not a mail server" to "may be a
mail server" status.

> I should just send letters via usps to yahoo and have them scan them to
> their users....be easier.

how about publishing the mail on TV? "Attention yahoo users, here is the
mail you missed today..." ;-p