[CentOS] Re: DKIM

Wed Sep 24 21:44:41 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 9-24-2008 2:27 PM Ralph Angenendt spake the following:
> RobertH wrote:
>>> That's why I asked which problem SPF is trying to solve.
>> The SPF Qmail patch we use on CentOS Opsys has a special case for SPF from
>> ALL
>>
>> And we discard on that signal...
>
> I'd turn off the mail server if I don't want to get mails. So if I'm roaming
> and am not sure which mail server I can use to send out mails from, I'd also
> set the SPF record to +all (or - as I do now - don't set it at all). So I'm doing
> everything according to the book and still can't get mails through to you.
>
> Ralph

When I am roaming, I still use my own server and auth to it to allow me to
send. If that site blocks me on sending from port 25, then I can either VPN to
my servers, or send to the submission port. Worst case I plug in the CDMA card
and send that way. Or log into the webmail system and use that. Some of my
users roam all over the USA, and since they are exec's, I have to make sure
that they can send and receive their mail. If not, I get a personal long
distance a$$-chewing if I can't resolve it quickly.

"There is more than one way to skin a cat... but none that the cat will like!"

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and