[CentOS] Problem in Wireless Card Setup in Dell Precision M90

Sun Sep 28 11:00:43 UTC 2008
Ashish Vijaywargiya <vijaywargiya.ashish at gmail.com>

Hello Akemi,

Thanks for your reply.
I have seen the details in the thread and after reading that thread I have
few questions :-

1) Can I install the Centos Plus kernel with the existing one that is
distributed with Centos 5.2?
I have read the information from the link
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CentOSPlus
It looks like that I have to include / exclude the package.
I had changed the settings inside /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo.

#additional packages that extend functionality of existing packages
[centosplus]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Plus
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=centosplus
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/centosplus/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4
includepkgs=iwl*

2) Now if I am running yum search iwl then it is not giving any result.

The main problem at my end is that it is showing two wireless devices but I
am not able to join those devices.
Can you please tell me how can I troubleshoot wireless settings (like which
are the important files that plays important role in wireless setup)?

Any document shared on internet that tells us step by step wireless setup
would be of great help.
Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Ashish Vijaywargiya