[CentOS] Re: Probably a bad set-up but which one?

Mon Sep 29 14:54:32 UTC 2008
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

tech wrote:
> Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>> Tech wrote on Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:01:26 +0800:
>>
>>> Oh, it does print "Hello World" OK but it also prints the "Content"
>>> line as text rather than using it as a directive.
>>
>> This is not a setup problem and not a CentOS problem. Your script is
>> probably wrong in some code. I assume with "Content" line you might
>> mean an HTTP header. There is no such header (there are headers
>> starting with this string, though). I think your question is better
>> suited for a Perl or CGI programming newsgroup.
>>
>> Kai
>>

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> By "Content" line I meant this line:
>
> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
>
> I have tried many scripts, they all do this. I have problems with
> JavaScript too so I am not sure yet about this just being a Perl or CGI
> problem. I might even have multiple problems. I can see the possibility
> of permission problems, Perl problems, CGI problems, and/or browser
> problems. I am running the latest released version of all including IE
> and Firefox. All I do know is what all the examples that show this as
> working don't work. I have the book, CGI Programing 101, and can't get
> its examples to work.
>
> It is very frustrating.

If you execute this from the command line, you should see the
under the cgi interface the parts up to the blank line ("\n\n") should
be included in the http headers and the rest in the body of the
response.  If you have copied the example files from somewhere, be sure
that they aren't formated for windows with extra carriage returns
embedded and if you are entering your own code be sure you don't output
anything but valid header lines before the blank line.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com