[CentOS] Re: setting timezone from kickstart

Tue Sep 30 12:54:03 UTC 2008
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

> >/I used to do manual installs so I would set the timezone each time.
> />/I have now migrated to kickstart and I wish to use a command line (at
> />/boot) parameter
> />/to set the needed timezone.
> /
> What's wrong with the KS Timezone command? Why do it via cmdline or w/ symbolic
> links??

On first thought I didnt want to have X different KS files for setting
the timezone... however, I can use the command
line method I was thinking about... then use the %pre section to make
use of the KS timezone
command.

Thanks - I just wasnt thinking straight yet this morning.

Jerry