[CentOS] iSCSI ini and ESX Server

Tue Sep 30 17:50:49 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I always used IET on CentOS but I have a quick server to setup to backup
> some VM's, then migrate to DAS
> on another server and the easiest way for me will be to accomplish this via
> iSCSI vmfs stores. I figured I would
> just use the ini that ships with CentOS but have never used it against ESX,
> anyone do this and have experiences
> they care to share? Should it be trivial or are there any non standard
> configs that need to be used?

Are you talking about using CentOS as an iSCSI server and
having ESX talk to it via iSCSI client? Or are you talking
about running CentOS inside ESX and using an iSCSI client
from within the guest VM?

I have done the latter, and have used OpenFiler as an iSCSI
server for ESX's iSCSI client, and both worked fine no special
options needed.

nate