[CentOS] mount UFS partition on CentOS 5.

Tue Sep 30 21:12:59 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 17:05 -0400, Daniel Bruno wrote:
> Hi Dears,
>
> I am having trouble mounting a partition with UFS file system
> (FreeBSD), I am trying to build with the following commands:
>
> mount-r-t-o ufs ufstype = ufs2 / dev/hdb1 / part
> mount-r-t-o ufs ufstype = 44bsd / dev/hdb1 / part
>
> But appears the following error message:
>
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on / dev/hdb1,
>         missing codepage or other error
>         In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
>         dmesg
>
> anybody have any idea?

We need more information. However, presuming you are running 5.2, stock
kernel, check config-2.6.18-92.1.13.el5 in the grub directory. UFS is
not enabled. Maybe a plus kernel has it enabled or you can build a
custom kernel.

> <snip sig stuff>

HTH
--