[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Wed Apr 1 03:46:16 UTC 2009

>>   Is
>> OpenSolaris still closely controlled by Sun?
>>

> I don't know if Sun still governs OpenSolaris, I know they are very
> tight as often new technologies are rolled from OpenSolaris to
> Solaris, but OpenSolaris might have it's own governing body now.

Ha! There are very few non Sun employees involved unless things have
changed big time in the last three months.

OpenSolaris is now something you can get paid support for from Sun.
There will be a LTS release coming too. I don't think OpenSolaris will
go the way Java has gone any time soon. Look how long it took for Java
to reach that stage.