[CentOS] installing centos from usb

Tosh

toshlinux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 06:29:00 UTC 2009

Mark Porter wrote:
> Jerry,
>
> To use kickstart off usb, we just use
> linux ks=hd:sde1:/ourkickstart.cfg
> (Of course, the "e" will change depending on your drives, on our 10-drive
> systems it is
> linux ks=hd:sdk1:/ourkickstart.cfg)
>
> And it works great.  We have NOT yet had any success with putting the CD#1
> ISO or the DVD on USB, but we would love to do so, so if anybody knows how,
> it would be great to see it here.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

my current problem is, if you do a normal install without kickstart
file, you need the iso image, but when using the installation with the
kickstart file, you need the file structure
I haven't found how to solve this problem yet, but have tried several
times to get it working, till now no real success.

--
Toshaan <toshlinux at gmail.com> - http://www.toshaan.be