[CentOS] Where's v5.3 source RPMs?

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Wed Apr 1 19:37:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 11:21 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> John Doe wrote:
> > From: Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>
> >> Because it will be more than "a few extra hours".
> >
> > Like... 6 months?
> > My point was that some people have already been waiting for weeks/months for it...
> > So a few hours/days won't change much.
> >
> > JD
>
> IMHO what should have happened is the src be up on CentOS server but not
> sent to the mirrors until the massive bandwidth has died down.

IMO, David - as with any user - has his desires. And as with any
project, reasonable management of available resources is occasionally
required.

The project did what it needs to do, suggestions have been made as to
getting around the (relatively small) delay.

No more needs be said except that we all understand the user's need for
timely source and the users all understand the projects need to consider
things outside the user's realm of concern.

Positive suggestions about how to reconcile those conflicts, sans
carping about one's own needs/desires, would probably be welcome by the
project. This is all business as usual for any project such as this.

> <snip>

For all the CentOS folks, project members and users alike, one big
BOOYAH! And a thinks for the effort.

IMO
--
Bill