[CentOS] [OT] Godaddy hell...

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Fri Apr 3 19:08:03 UTC 2009

Rainer Duffner wrote:
>> But you do want to install software.  It's possible to install some
>> kinds of software without root access, but you're cutting yourself off
>> from a huge world of software that doesn't allow this.
>
> I think you do not understand: he wants a managed VPS/manged root server.

I thought about that, but assumed that since GoDaddy hosting was
attractive to him in the first place, he's probably not looking for your
sort of services.  But maybe this thread is his change of heart.  In
that case, there are lots of managed hosting companies, and yeah,
they're expensive.  Humans want to be paid enough to house themselves
and eat, for some reason.