[CentOS] Having trouble installing flash player on centos 5.3 desktop machine

Linda Stark nadsab1 at live.com
Sat Apr 4 18:11:50 UTC 2009

        I'm having trouble getting the flash player installed onto my centos desktop.

When i go to the adobe site, I click on the YUM for Linux version, then install it, and PC says "/tmp/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch-1.rpm is already installed" - but it's not working.

So then tried downloading the .tar.gz for linux version, and PC asks me which program to open to install it, and i don't have a clue.

Then I try downloading the .rpm version for linux, and my pc says "/tmp/flash-plugin- is already installed", but it's still not working.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks anyone.