[CentOS] New Centos 5.3 gnome backgroup

Marcus Moeller mail at marcus-moeller.de
Mon Apr 6 18:07:30 UTC 2009

Good Evening.

I spend some time to create a more 'classic' CentOS theme.

# Wallpaper

You can find the 4:3 wallpaper here:

Widescreen will follow

Download the matching GRUB Splash here:

To activate this, you can first backup the original one with:

cp /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz.orig

and the copy the new one over:

cp /path/to/the/downloaded/splash.xpm.gz /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz

To make use of the Classic GDM Theme, first download:

and extract it to the GDM themes folder with:

tar xvjf  Classic.tar.bz2 -C /usr/share/gdm/themes/

To activate this theme, open Alt+F2 and enter gdmsetup (if it's not
there, first yum install it)

The large CentOS RHGB logo really looks good with the Classic theme:

You can first backup the original logo with:

cp /usr/share/rhgb/large-computer.png /usr/share/rhgb/large-computer.png.orig

and then copy the new one over

cp /path/to/the/downloaded/large-computer.png /usr/share/rhgb/large-computer.png

I am going to push it into a SVN branch as soon as I find some time ;)

Best Regards