[CentOS] kernel update doesn't update grub.conf

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Apr 8 14:31:21 UTC 2009

William L. Maltby wrote on Wed, 08 Apr 2009 06:01:43 -0400:

> Hmmm... Maybe the *64 systems are different?

No, they are the same in this respect. I'm not seeing any difference.
There is a difference between systems (no matter which arch) when the
/etc/grub.conf symlink got created.
On all my systems it seems to be identical in date with the grub files in
/boot/grub which seems to be the date of installation. But on the system I
have this problem it's some months later.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany