[CentOS] CentOS 5.3 samba: getent does not return data from the active directory (ads)

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:35:14 UTC 2009

Have you browsed the LDAP entries in ActiveDirectory to see if they
match similar entries for working windows hosts.  Under the computer
entry, look carefully at dnsHostname and servicePrincipalName.  For a
server, there are many many entries for these two variables.  CIFS/x2,
HOSTx2, LDAPS?/, ..... and so on.