[CentOS] Trouble with 5.2==>5.3 upgrade

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Wed Apr 8 16:10:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 11:52:27AM -0400, fred smith wrote:
> I've updated two 5.2 systems without a hitch. But this third one is
> giving me some grief. See errors below.
>
> Googling for "Package does not match intended download" turns up a bunch
> of hits, but none of them (that I've seen) offers any working solution.
>
> Can someone suggest how to overcome the following error(s)
>
> Thanks a bunch!
>
> Downloading Packages:
> (1/1): kernel-2.6.18-128. 100% |=========================|  15 MB    05:41
> http://centos.mirror.nac.net/5.3/updates/i386/RPMS/kernel-2.6.18-128.1.6.el5.i686.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
> Trying other mirror.
http://mirror-status.centos.org/ is listing http://centos.mirror.nac.net/
as 2 days late, so you might have been hitting an incomplete mirror.

> http://ftp.lug.udel.edu/pub/centos/5.3/updates/i386/RPMS/kernel-2.6.18-128.1.6.el5.i686.rpm: [Errno 9] Requested Range Not Satisfiable
You probably have a (transparent?) proxy server on the way.
"Requested Range Not Satisfiable" for all the others since the remaining public
centos mirrors are listed as 'current'

Tru