[CentOS] Where's v5.3 source RPMs?

Brian Mathis brian.mathis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 20:40:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Michael Holmes
<holmesmich at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Not to be Mr. Goody Two Shoes, but isn't that a GPL violation? Seeing
> as you can make an RPM from an SRPM but not vice versa, and the source
> is what the GPL focuses on.

Please read the first few messages in the beginning of this thread,
that already cover this.

And obviously a project as big as CentOS has dealt with the GPL
before, and they know what they are doing.  This is a matter of
pragmatism and obviously not willful disobedience by the CentOS
project.  And we're only talking like maybe week or so here.