[CentOS] rpmnew puzzles

George Negoita negoita.george at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 14:01:37 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm puzzled by such statements as
>
> diff /var/clamav/daily.cvd /var/clamav/daily.cvd.rpmnew
> Binary files /var/clamav/daily.cvd and /var/clamav/daily.cvd.rpmnew differ
>
> I thought the point of rpmnew files was so that we could check what has been
> changed?

You can check to see what has been changed, since you have both
versions, but you should use a tool that can compare binary files (if
that makes any sense to you).

In your case, you can safely delete daily.cvd.rpmnew, because, most
probable, freshclam already updated daily.cvd to a newer version.

--
George Negoita
System Administrator