[CentOS] Segmentation fault using flash-plugin under CentOS 5.3

carlopmart

carlopmart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 18:36:14 UTC 2009

Hi all

  I have a very strange problem on my CentOS 5.3 laptop. I have installed latest
firefox version from updates repository (3.0.7) with flash-plugin downloaded
from adobe website. When i open firefox and i need to access to some web site
with flash content, firefox crash with this message:

  /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.7/run-mozilla.sh: line 131:  9133 Segmentation fault

  Problem appears with versions 3.0.5 and 3.0.6 too. On the other hand, I have
another laptop installed with RHEL 5.3 with firefox and flash-plugin (but this
flash-plugin is installed from redhat repository - rhn) and this problem doesn't
appears ...

  Where is the problem?? Maybe is it a bug with firefox under CentOS only??

  Thanks.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com