[CentOS] [SOLVED] Re: Desktop update (32 bit) from 5.2 to 5.3 - fuse & ntfs-3g-mount

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 19:35:11 UTC 2009

> Les: Years ago (before CentOS 5?), I did have a FAT partition like
> that. The current SW available for CentOS, for NTFS, has been doing a
> great job for me. I don't recall having this problem, with previous
> CentOS upgrades, and it was easy to cure. To clarify what I meant by
> the reboot, after "modprobe fuse', I meant rebooting Linux, to get
> fuse started.

Years ago, use of FAT was the recommended way.  One main reason was
that writing to NTFS partitions from Linux was dangerous.  This has
changed and now it is regarded safe to do so by using ntfs-3g.

I do not know exactly what failed in your case.  I have yet to update
my CentOS-5 laptop that has WIndows on one partition (NTFS).  Will see
how it goes.

Akemi