[CentOS] [SOLVED] Re: Desktop update (32 bit) from 5.2 to 5.3 - fuse & ntfs-3g-mount

Sat Apr 11 22:47:42 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
>> Akemi: I believe it is also very possible that after I did "modprobe
>> fuse" as root last night, that I did not reboot. I believe the reboot
>> is required, to get that running?
>
> You can run the dkms command manually. But this is usually not
> necessary because ... you cannot update the running kernel without
> rebooting the machine.  And dkms is run as part of the booting
> process.  Therefore, everything is automatic (supposedly), hence no
> need for a manual run of dkms.

Thank you. Probably it  kicked in, after the boot into Linux this
morning. Apparently, it did not begin working, after the first reboot
following the big update from 5.2 to 5.3 last night.   CentOS 5.3 (32
bit) is working fine now, on my Desktop. I had been getting SELinux
alerts previously, after the update to 5.3,  but I just powered up,
after a hailstorm where we lost power and now I'm not seeing the
SELinux alert.   :-)