[CentOS] [SOLVED] Re: Desktop update (32 bit) from 5.2 to 5.3 - fuse & ntfs-3g-mount

Sat Apr 11 22:57:53 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 4:44 PM, JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 13:35 -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> Wish I had a box with more RAM, so I could try VMware or
>> Virtualbox. That is something I want to try, but this box only has 512
>> MB of RAM. Lanny
> ----
> Download VirtualBox from Sun. Im pretty sure you can run it. On CentOS
> that is. Just use 254MB for the Host and the gueat. Just split it up.
> Below is tops output when runing win$ server 2003 while doing domainprep
> and forestprep for active directory. Processor is a P4 1.7 533MHz Bus
> UDMA 100 Disks. Although the virtual machine images run on:

Thank you for the information. I will check out Virtual Box from Sun!
This box is a Celeron 2.6 GHz. Integrated Intel stuff on the
motherboard, which was made for Dell by Foxconn I think. I think it is
the only one of our 4 Dell Dimension boxes that had a rather stock ATX
motherboard and PSU. The PSU was replaced after New Years Day with one
that just plugged right in. No proprietary connectors.  :-)   I won it
in a raffle from Colgate Palmolive, in the superstore where we do most
of our shopping. It came with 256 MB of RAM and I bought another 256
MB for it. I think, possibly, it can hold up to 1 GB of RAM. I need to
check that out. One of these days I will take the time to try to get
audio out of the microphone, with the Skype Beta for Linux. Other
people have it working, so I believe it is one or more configuration
settings, somewhere, that are incorrect.