[CentOS] Clamd and Amavis

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 13 11:47:50 UTC 2009

On Monday 13 April 2009 12:31:15 Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote on Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:00:40 +0100:
> > I came unstuck with the instruction regarding the LocalSocket.  If I
> > change that in clamd.conf to $MYHOME/amavisd.sock or $MYHOME/clamd the
> > clamd service won't start, saying the socket doesn't exist.
>
> And maybe that's true, did you check whether it exists?

It doesn't. I'm under the impression that a socket cannot be manually created,
but has to be created by the application, so I simply don't know what to do
about this.

> I think your question is much better suited for the amavisd list.

If I have to, but I'm already on very many lists, so it's a last resort.
There are so many skilled sysadmins here that I'm sure someone knows the
answer.

Anne