[CentOS] httpd with SNI

Mon Apr 13 12:04:19 UTC 2009

On 4/12/09, German Pulido <gpulido at gtscolombia.com> wrote:
> I am currently publishing some web services on a Centos 5.3 server on my
> office using the included apache httpd. They are available from the
> Internet,
> and they require validation (username/password). I would like to publish
> them
> all under https, so the passwords won't travel unencrypted, but then all my
> sites use the same certificate on apache httpd.  The solution to this is
> using an httpd server that supports SNI:
<snip.
German: If the sites are to be used by your existing
employees/customers, it is possible you could generate a free SSL
certificate, for each site, that would provide the security you need?
They might get a browser warning, about the SSL certificate,  but the
security would be there. Lanny  (in Cali)