[CentOS] Processes to disable

Bogdan Nicolescu bo2k2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 16:03:00 UTC 2009

----- Original Message ----

http://www.phpman.info/index.php/man/chkconfig/8

Maybe the chkconfig man pages can be revised to include "Never use the --level argument unless you have very specific needs"  because "The service initialization files have a list of "default" runlevels, which will probably make more sense than anything you specify."

> > To see the names of all the services installed on your system:
> > ls /etc/rc.d/init.d
>
> Using 'chkconfig --list' makes more sense than listing the init.d directory.

chkconfig --list doesn't necessarily list all the services in /etc/rc.d/init.d

bn