[CentOS] Cannot play rmvb video files after burning to DVD

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 22:39:13 UTC 2009

> I use K3b and I always specify that a verification be done.  If you
> can play the same file on your hard drive, but not one you copied from
> there and burned to a DVD, I suspect the burn is bad.

I second that - I always burn with verification, AND play it back in a
different drive.

Also, the best check on the burn is to play it back in a commercial
DVD player, if you have one.  If that can read it, you're fine.

I also recommend burning at least one speed LESS than the top (rated
and advertised) speed of your burner.  It seems to work better for me.

And, yeah, get 5.3.  Lots of updates, and also for mplayer, if you
have it (rpmforge, not RH or CentOS).

HTH

mhr