[CentOS] Building a kernel without kabichk

Terry Hull

tah at nrg-inc.com
Mon Apr 13 22:53:24 UTC 2009

I¹m trying to build a 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5 kernel without kabichk.  I have
downloaded the sources, installed the compiler, etc and ran the following
command

rpmbuild  -bb --target=`uname -m`  --without kabichk --with baseonly
--without debug \
    --without debuginfo kernel-2.6.spec.

I had modified the .SPEC file according to the WIKI page
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

I have NOT installed any patches that will break KABI, but I am wanting to
patch the kernel for SCST, and that will do it.  Currently, I¹m just trying
to get the beast to build.  I have been successful getting this to work on
older versions like 2.6.18-92.1.22, but I have not had success with
­128.1.6.  l. I have not worried about build errors at this point, because
I¹m hoping someone can say, ³Just do this, and all will be well.²

I am relatively new to CentOS / RedHat, but I do have a significant amount
of Linux experience building kernels.

I am now trying to see if I can get the kernel to build with kabi in place.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.  TIA.

--
Terry Hull
Network Resource Group, Inc. President