[CentOS] Clamd and Amavis

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 14 06:55:07 UTC 2009

On Monday 13 April 2009 23:31:22 Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote on Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:47:50 +0100:
> > It doesn't.
>
> I thought so. You should have found that out yourself and told here in your
> first posting!

I had already found that out, and thought it so obvious that it didn't need
mentioning.  You really are judgemental, aren't you?

> I'm under the impression that a socket cannot be manually created,
>
> > but has to be created by the application, so I simply don't know what to
> > do about this.
>
> Nothing. So far I haven't seen a reason to change it from the default.
> There is *NO* instruction in that short tutorial that tells you to do this.
> So, simply leave it where it was and tell amavisd where to find that
> socket! I remember you had the exact same problem some weeks ago, when you
> also changed the clamd socket for some obscure reason and it stopped
> working. Didn't you learn from that? You can't just change those paths for
> fun. The program has to be able to write to that new path, of course!

Judgemental again - I had not changed the path, which is why I had the problem
this time.  The default did not work.  I made the mistake of assuming that if
it was default there would not be a problem with it.

Anne