[CentOS] Problem again with shockwave, or flash player (I think)...

Linda Stark

nadsab1 at live.com
Tue Apr 14 12:37:00 UTC 2009

Hi there,

OK I thought I had this problem solved last week.  Last week with help from this list, we installed the flash player on my Centos 5 desktop machine.

But now when I go to cnbc, I am getting that same problem when trying to view vids on their site.  So I click the icon where the empty video frame is to install the plugin, the "no suitable plugins were found" box come comes up again, so I click on the manual install button, and I am getting the "/tmp/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch-2.rpm is already installed" box again.

On youtube however, or other sites, I can view vids, and I thought that the flash player was installed OK last week but some sites I still can't view videos.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks anyone.