[CentOS] Can not get IP address

Wed Apr 15 22:01:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Ugo Bellavance <ugob at lubik.ca> wrote:
> Anand Vaddarapu a écrit :
>> while installing centos 5.2 i enabled dhcp. centos machine did not get
>> IP address and can not get to internet.
<snip>
> What is your internet connection?  If it is cable modem, reset your
> modem and try again.

And connect to your ADSL or Cable Modem or whatever, with your web
browser, and confirm that it has received an IP address from your ISP.
We had a problem, 3 days ago, when we did not receive an IP for our
ADSL and we could not get to the Internet, until they fixed their
problem. Verify again that your box is set up to receive an IP address
via DHCP and also that your Modem/Router is set up to receive an IP
address via DHCP. Is your box connected directly to the Internet, via
your Cable/ADSL modem? Check all of the configuration settings, in
your Cable Modem or ADSL modem and also in your box.