[CentOS] Dual-boot with WinXP, CentOS already installed

Sorin Srbu

sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Thu Apr 16 12:08:57 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'd like to deploy a solution with dual-booting systems where CentOS 5.3 is
already installed and WinXP will be installed to a separate disk.

I found
http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_linux_and_windows_xp_linux_installed_first.htm?page=1
and it seems straight forward enough, although the description is for Ubuntu.

The problem as I see it, is that the how-to differs from how CentOS looks in
/etc/grub.conf and the boot-loader in Ubuntu with respect to making grub work
again after the Windows install.

I found Tldp.org mentioning dual-boot plenty, but most or all articles listed
are using lilo as a boot-loader, which seems a bit obsolete and besides I
can't quite translate the instructions from lilo to grub. 8-/

Basically, what would I need to change in the how-to from apcmag.com above??
Thanks for any pointers.
--
BW,
	Sorin