[CentOS] 5.3 and XFS

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 14:34:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> I never thought of that given that they come from the plus repo. So its only
>> a matter of time then before it appears for the 5.3 kernels... If I have time this
>> weekend, I'll yank an srpm down from the 5.2 branch kmod and see what's
>> involved in making this (Never done it, so I have no idea off the top of my head).
>>

> iirc, the xfs kmod's are not kernel ver dependant anymore, and havent
> been for a while.
>
> Tru / Akemi ?

The kABI-tracking kmod-xfs for CentOS-5 started in Oct 2008.  The
CentOS-4 version has been tested and will be offered shortly (as soon
as you/Tru builds it for release).  :-D

But the code is somewhat getting old.  Maybe it's time to get the
project xfs going again?  Tru is the leader of this project.

Akemi