[CentOS] Dual-boot with WinXP, CentOS already installed

Guy Boisvert boisvert.guy at videotron.ca
Thu Apr 16 18:09:14 UTC 2009

David G. Miller wrote:
> "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se> wrote:
>
> The problem with suggestions to just install Windows and then either use
> another boot loader or repair the grub installation is that you are
> stuck doing that work through Windows.

GAG is a standalone boot disquette / boot CD.  It doesn't need Winblows
or anything eles.  It just installs itself on MBR and the boot media
contain the config utility with the "write to MBR" function.

You just have to instruct Linux to put all its stuff to its partition.
I'm not very familiar with all the Linux boot stuff, so i can't comment
on how to do it for somebody that had Linux installed first.  I'm sure
somebody on the list can give us infos about it and using GAG on MBR
afterward.

Guy Boisvert, ing.
IngTegration inc.