[CentOS] OT: Possible for Malware against Windows boxes to attack Firefox on Linux?

Sat Apr 18 10:59:00 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 12:46 AM, Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:
<snip>
> I whitelist my router, youtube, etc. and the domains for forums I visit.

I am beginning to do that. And hopefully nothing whitelisted will have
the ability to attack....

> I sometimes disable noscript when making purchases because some vendors,
> upon checkout, send you to a different domain for CC processing - and

Sounds like a good idea, to prevent double billing or the transaction
not completing.

> facebook is a real pita - I've bitterly complained to them and asked
> them to use only one or two servers for script serving but they won't
> fix it, so I rarely use my facebook.

I am not on Facebook but I found one site a few minutes ago that I use
for web mail that I couldn't even get to the  login page without
allowing it in NoScript.

I rarely use MS Windows, but the next time I do, I will install
NoScript for Firefox on Windows. It's a winner.