[CentOS] httpd crashes after signal HUP

RedShift

redshift at pandora.be
Sun Apr 19 07:42:13 UTC 2009

Hello

I'm running CentOS 5.3 with httpd-2.2.3-22.el5.centos.x86_64 and php-5.1.6-23.2.el5_3.x86_64. When the logrotate scripts run and send the HUP signal to httpd, the httpd process quits instead of reloading. The only thing I can find in the logs is this:

[Sun Apr 19 04:02:04 2009] [notice] seg fault or similar nasty error detected in the parent process

There wasn't any segfault reported in dmesg and I couldn't find anything else in the other logs (messages, etc...)

It's reproducable every time, when I send the HUP signal to the master httpd process the same thing happens.

My configuration is nothing special, just the stock one, with a few unnecesary modules commented out and one virtual host.

Thanks,

Glenn